ESG iGIST gets strategic funding from FNZ
GIST, which offers impact data and analytics, has received a strategic investment from global wealth management firm FNZ.
Explained in 60 seconds: ESG
ESG stands for environmental, social and governance and can help you invest more responsibly.
Check out more information here: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/money-mentor/guide/guide-to-ethical-investing/
How to build a modern ESG reporting framework | Understanding standards, metrics and challenges
In this video, you’ll learn how to build a modern ESG reporting framework. We chat with Stewart Rassier and Janna Irons from thinkParallax, and explore what are the ESG reporting standards, how to tailor your report for different audiences, and how to improve your ESG reporting. We also discuss how to improve data collection and analysis and going beyond reporting to stakeholder engagement.
Timestamp of our discussion:
0:58 – What is ESG Reporting
1:56 – Who is the report for?
4:51 – What are the ESG reporting standards?
7:55 – How is ESG related to the Sustainable Development Goals?
9:57 – How to improve your ESG reporting
14:11 – Going beyond ESG reporting to engaging your stakeholders
16:45 – Tips to improve reporting
Watch part 1 of our discussion on ESG:
Watch part 2 of our discussion on ESG:
Learn more about ESG by watching this playlist:
Prefer to read? Here’s what’s we discussed:
Connect with Stewart Rassier:
Connect with Janna Irons:
#ESG #ESGreporting #esgmetrics
ESG compliant funding & investment strategies
How can treasury contribute to a firm’s wider sustainability objectives?
In this panel session we discuss the drivers behind ESG in treasury management and how by adopting the use of ESG linked funding and investment solutions, treasurers can support corporate sustainability goals.
From a funding perspective, we look at ESG-linked bonds, private placements, loans and revolving credit facilities as well the proliferation of new ESG aligned financial instruments.
From an investment perspective, we look at how improving transparency on corporate behaviours and supply chains translates into credit spreads on one side and on the other side, how investment managers can use this data to manage ESG risks.
We then round off with a look at the steps treasurers can take to ensure that these ESG funding solutions can be designed to minimise any reputational risks, and what new and innovative funding and investment solutions treasurers should look out for.
Facilitator: Naresh Aggarwal, Associate Director Policy & Technical, ACT
Robert King, Head of Sustainable Finance, Structured Finance, HSBC
George Duncan, Head of Group Funding, SSE
Martin McNamara, EMEA Liquidity Product Specialist, Global Asset Management, HSBC
In association with HSBC
Sustainable Investing (ESG, SRI)
Individuals and large institutions alike are allocating more of their dollars to investment strategies that meet some level of environmental, social, and governance criteria. This is commonly referred to as responsible, sustainable, or green investing.
Referenced in this video:
– 2018 GLOBAL SUSTAINABLE INVESTMENT REVIEW http://www.gsi-alliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/GSIR_Review2018.3.28.pdf
– Sustainability as BlackRock’s New Standard for Investing https://www.blackrock.com/uk/individual/blackrock-client-letter
– The Contributions of Betas versus Characteristics to the ESG Premium https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3010234
– Disagreement, Tastes, and Asset Prices https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=502605
– A Sustainable Capital Asset Pricing Model (S-CAPM): Evidence from Green Investing and Sin Stock Exclusion https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3455090
– Sustainable Investing in Equilibrium https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3498354
– Aggregate Confusion: The Divergence of ESG Ratings https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3438533
Follow Ben Felix on
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/benjaminwfelix
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/benjaminwfelix/
Visit Rational Reminder: https://www.https://rationalreminder.ca/
Follow the Rational Reminder on:
– Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/RationalRemind
Visit PWL Capital: https://www.pwlcapital.com/teams/passmore-felix/
PWL Capital Blog Post: https://www.pwlcapital.com/sustainable-investing-how-will-it-impact-your-returns/
Follow PWL Capital on:
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/PWLCapital
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PWLCapital
– LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/pwl-capital/
You can find the Rational Reminder podcast on